Updated to work with WordPress 3.9.X and bbPress 2.5.X
bbPress Like button adds automatically a Like Button (Youtube alike) in all your forum posts and replies. It allows users to give some greetings to others contributions.
Install & go
Download, install and enable the plugin and you’re ready to go. The plugin comes autoconfigured by default, and will show up automatically, using the bbPress native workflow functions. If you want to customize it feel free to look at the settings page.
Enable the like button to appear on the activity stream for BuddyPress. Configure the message you want to show on the BuddyPress Activity stream, with some placeholders available for more customization.
New features were introduced to help you fitting the plugin style into your theme. You can show or hide a label of text to show next to the thumbs up icon. The texts shown on the frontend are now adjustable through the settings page.
The plugin was designed with language support from the very beginning. Some users made their own contribution by providing translation of the plugin to other languages. The plugin comes with .po files. Feel free to translate it to your language!
- Macedonian (by crazy-nomce)
- Persian (by Mortaza Nazari)
- Serbo-Croatian (by Borisa Djuraskovic)
You can use a collection of shortcodes to embed some cool stadistics into posts, pages and widgets.
- [most_liked_users] and [most_liked_users exclude_admins=true]
Version 1.5 includes lots of fixes for both minor and critical issues. The most important ones are:
- Bug that was making to like more than one reply at the same time.
- Bug not showing post/reply title on statistics.
- Bug showing post/reply ID on the logs.
The plugin is under development and it will include lots of new features on upcoming releases. Find below the list of future improvements.
- Styles collection
- Hide/Show button only on reply/original post
- Tooltips on the frontend showing information and avatars of the user who like the post
- Unlike button
- Public like (unregistered users)
- Widget for post/user with more likes
- Email notifications for users